We hit a major milestone last week when Google AdSense reported that we had now served over 500 million page views. It took us 14 years and 10 days to hit this mark.
This milestone is documented in the screen capture below. Click on the image to see a larger/more readable version of the Google report.
Taking the number of page views, the time span, and the number of page views/visit as reported by Google Analytics (2.49), we can calculate some interesting averages;
- 2.9 million page views/month
- 1.2 million visitors/month
- 14.3 million visitors/year
What has sustained the interest of millions of visitors each year for 14 years? We think it’s because we have easy to use tools that make geographic and demographic information readily accessible for the average person. Sooner or later, nearly everyone will want to:
- Evaluate Demographic Data for States, Cities, ZIP Codes or Neighborhoods, or
- Research Neighborhoods, or
- Access Interactive Maps and/or Boundary Maps, or
- Rank Cities, Towns & ZIP Codes by key demographic data, or
- View Maps with Driving Directions, or
- Research Public schools including Attendance Zone Maps
Each state gazetteer has a basic guide to Research Tools that make it extremely easy for anyone to find geographic and demographic information. The link is for the Florida Research Tools page, but there is an equivalent page for each of the 50 HomeTownLocator state gazetteers.